Changes to the Constitution
The constitution was last reviewed in 2015 and the Board believed it was time to refresh the document to reflect current social norms.
- All gender specific terminology, such as he or she, has been removed,
- a number of definitions have been added to add clarity to the document,
- the code of ethics has been renamed as the code of conduct,
- a conflict of interest disclosure paragraph has been added,
- the term Honorary has been dropped and the language modernised where required.
The changes are of a cosmetic nature and no real changes have been proposed. A summary sheet of the changes in the format of :
Original wording - reason for change - proposed wording
Is available in the document download section along with a marked up complete constitution
The meeting will be asked to vote on a resolution to accept the changes proposed to the constitution of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute Inc. For those unable to attend but who wish to vote please download the proxy form from the download area and return it to the CEO.