The RACI exists through the magnificent support of our volunteers. We have over 70 active committees spread over the Branches, Divisions, Groups and Board committees that are manned and run purely by volunteer members. And we'd love you to be involved.
The RACI operates with a small administrative staff to assist our army of volunteers deliver events and services to their 4000+ fellow members. We've been doing this for over 100 years and with our members help aim to do it for the next 100.
For our younger members just starting out on their career journey, it's an opportunity to gain experience, knowledge and networks whilst giving back to the chemical sciences community.
For our longer serving members, volunteering is an avenue for those who wish to give something back to their community and to society in general. It is a great way to maintain contact with their networks and provides the opportunity to keep actively doing the things that have provided enjoyment and satisfaction throughout their career.
Current Volunteering Opportunities
Tasmanian Branch President and President Elect - Nominations close 5 November 2021
The RACI Tasmanian Branch Committee currently has two volunteer vacant roles for nomination:
- President elect
President Role Description
The president/Chair is responsible for the leadership, direction and coordination of the activities of the Sub unit. Must be a MRACI or higher level member.
The president is required to:-
- have a sound knowledge of the business units specific governances rules and activities.
- preside at all General Meetings and Committee meetings.
- work with the Committee to ensure the necessary skills and demographic diversity areas are represented on the Committee and that a succession plan is in place to help find a replacement and new Committee members when required
- oversee development of relevant business unit policies, strategic and business plans in order to align with and help achieve the mission, vision and goals of the RACI.
- Encourage any sub-committees to set up and run events that will benefit RACI members
- prepare an AGM agenda in consultation with other Committee office bearers
- acting as the link between the committee and other RACI business units
- ensuring that the business unit adheres to the constitution, by laws and operations manual.
- ensure good communication channels exist and are used to update members of planned activities
- work with National Office staff to provide good administrative assistance
- oversight on business unit activities to ensure appropriate actions are being taken
- Ensure committee corporate memory is retained for future generations
If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else please download the here.
If you are interested or have questions please email our Branch Coordinator.
Nominations close on 5 November 2021.