Here at the RACI Tasmanian Branch, we have a large focus on science outreach activities. In addition to national RACI activities, our branch participates in Hobart's Festival of Bright Ideas and Science in the Park as well as various other events such as the IUPAC's Global Womens Breakfast and our Mole Day Morning Teas. In the past, we have held widely popular larger chemistry shows such as our 2017 Chemistry of Fireworks show, our 2018 Chemistry of Energy show and our 2019 Periodic Table of Fireworks Show which reached hundreds of Tasmanians across the state. Thank you to Inspiring Australia and the University of Tasmania for their wonderful support of our events.
- As you can see, our Branch is very passionate about outreach through hosting and participating in a wide variety of social and networking activities. Our calendar of events include:
- National Titration Competition
- National Crystal Growing Competition
- National Youth Lecture Tour
- Chemistry Quiz Night
- End of Year Dinner/AGM
- IUPAC's Global Womens Breakfast
- Festival of Bright Ideas Stall
- Science in the Park Stall
- Nobel Prize Breakfast
- Mole Day Morning Tea
We are also active in professional development through running various programs including our biannual Chemistry Careers Night for students.So whether you're a Tasmanian chemist, a chemist in training, have a professional interest, or are simply passionate about chemistry, we encourage you to join us!
We look forward to seeing you at our future events.